Update: Now ruby-msn looks even more promising: Link
I decided to cleanup my MSN Messenger authentication code, but in order to do that I had to do some tunning to SOAP4R and it’s WSDL generation tools. Thanks to Hiroshi Nakamura and his quick responses my changes got into 1.5.7, which means a few less lines of code on my side.
So, the code basically does:
That’s it! But it does that in a beautifull way; at least better than any other code I’ve seen.
Thank’s goes to SOAP4R, which is a very friendly SOAP framework developed by Hiroshi Nakamura. All the patches and comments are answered quickly, it’s just a bliss to contribute to projects like this. This framework is advancing at a very fast pace, I think it has a lot of future.
The juice is in the Passport WSDL/XSD definition I wrote.
This is how you get the code, then just read the README:
The next step is going to be to add the code that handle the addressbook. I already have some code, it would only be a matter of integrating it.
After that then make it a Blueberry service, which means doing some Blueberry code first 😉 More on that on later posts.
This is not doing the SSO, which is the real authentication to the WLM service. This is only for the Passport service. I have code that does that, but that will have to wait even longer.